Saturday, June 7, 2008

End of an Era

I'm out in Squamish at the moment wrangling some relaxation time. I can't seem to get away from the dreaded demon that pursues me though. And as the days increase into the summer the Demon increases in strength.

He runs me down and devours me.
Just to have myself re-awake and it happen again and again.
For many years there was just about nothing else in my life than scaling rock, ice and snow. It didn't matter where or when, with who or with who not. I was possessed and pursued by the demon up anything inclined.

The great thing about scaling is that the Demon lessons in strength and potency, the higher, the harder, the more time and distance traveled. And, for a brief time the Demon is abated and a free moment of solace is reached.

Where is my solace from the Demon now?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Ben,
Sorry for not getting in touch in months and months. I have been sending lots of positive energy and am happy to see when you have written on your page. I am happy to hear that you are in a good place and the surgery went well.
I look forward to a beer one day when you are back in the Canmore-area.
Alison